Probate Information and Rates
Probate principals & hourly charge out rates
- Partners £200 - £300 + VAT
- Managers £90 - £150 + VAT
- Other staff £35 - £85 + VAT
Our fees can vary and depend on the size and complexity of each probate case.
Gross estate value £325,000 - £1,000,000:
£5,000 - £25,000 fee + VAT
Gross estate value £1,000,000 +:
Fees by agreement during estate administration period.
If there is a change in fees, we will notify you as soon as possible.
We handle the entire probate case from beginning to end and keep executors updated along the way.
- Collate information of assets and liabilities – estate value
- Draft probate and IHT forms to obtain Grant of Probate
- Complete Gazette notice and local newspaper advert
- Estate administration – collect monies and pay liabilities
- Update executors regularly via email / telephone / face to face meetings
- Submit self-assessment tax returns for estate income
- Make payments to beneficiaries in accordance with the Will
- Generate estate accounts
- Apply for HMRC clearance to wind up estate
Please note we cannot deal with contentious probate.
These are costs payable to third parties such as:
- Probate fee
- Office copies of Grant of Probate
- Gazette notice
- Local Newspaper notice
A straightforward estate usually takes between 6-18 months to complete. This timescale is purely dependent on the profile of the assets involved.
A complex estate can take longer than this to settle and an estimate to complete can be provided every 6 months.
We provide accurate time scales once we know the size of the estate and the work involved.
- Collate assets and liabilities details and apply for probate
- Obtain Grant of Probate
- Gazette and Local Newspaper notice and open designated client account
- Collect assets
- Settle liabilities
- Contact beneficiaries and distribute funds in accordance with the Will
- Produce Estate Accounts for executors and residuary beneficiaries
- Apply for HMRC clearance
- Wind up estate